CS5 news from Michael Coleman, product manager for Adobe After Effects at his Keyframes blog:
“By now, I am sure that most of you have heard that CS5 is coming. I’m still required to hold my tongue about the full feature set, but there’s more very good news that I’d like to share with you today. It’s an exciting aspect of After Effects CS5- it’s faster.
This is related to our 64-bit announcement back in October. In case you missed the announcement, After Effects CS5 will be native 64-bit. In previous posts, I’ve talked about the every-day advantages that CS5 has over its predecessors. When you have access to enough RAM:
- Complex comps and high-resolution images are rendered smoothly.
- Larger RAM previews allow you to view long comps in one pass.
- Memory-intensive features like HDR and floating-point color are easier to use.
- Your image caches can be much larger, which means more green bars and less re-rendering.
- Low-memory errors are virtually eliminated.”
Get the full story at http://blogs.adobe.com/keyframes/