So over the past month or so I have seen so many hard drives fail.
- First I had a 500 GB Matrox Hard drive that was inside my Mac Pro Fail. I had most of my data backed up so it wasn’t a big deal.
- Then I had a 1.5 TB Seagate external fail. Again it was a newer drive not a a big loss but still bummed me out.
- Then I had my Mac Pro’s boot drive fail. I had a Time Machine back up so not a huge problem but I was able to clone the Drive before it failed completely. So no loss there
- Then my wife’s internal laptop drive started to fail – I told her months ago she needed to replace it but it was really giving us problems, She was able to to a back up
- And today at a friends office they had a NAS Drive just fail.
I swear this is crazy. I haven’t seen hard drives fail that often in so long even working as a technician I wouldn’t see that many hard drives fail.
So now I am a big fan of Solid State Drives, I really want one for my laptop, maybe next year I will get one.